We are looking for a 1st Shift Supervisor to join our established automotive packaging/kitting site in Detroit, MI . The shift schedule is 7am - 3pm M-F, with occasional weekends based on customer demand.
The Production Supervisor will plan and assign work, implement policies/procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Coordinate packaging results by communicating job expectations, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating and enforcing system, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing standards; observing packaging flow and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions.
- Facilitate corrections to work stoppage or malfunctions within process control points.
- Maintain a clean work area, consistent with workplace organization & 5S ideology.
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Complete production plan goals on time; by scheduling and assigning personnel; achieve work results; establish priorities; monitor progress; revise schedules; resolve problems; report process flow results at daily communication meeting.
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answer questions and respond to requests.
- Ensures the timely completion of all assigned work orders.
- Maintain up to date professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Control and minimize labor overtime and repair expenses.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment, and resources while adhering to company & federal compliance standards.
- Record, notify and report unsafe working conditions.
- Lead employees - and optimize their performance.
EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Continuous improvement experience and interest (LEAN, 5S)
- Good verbal and written communication skills, instructional and leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate full understanding of production flow process
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in SAP and with basic computer skills
- Ability to use SAP as related to production, preferred
Hollingsworth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Hollingsworth complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Hollingsworth expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hollingsworth Logistics Group's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.NOTICE:
As of May 1, 2007, Hollingsworth prohibits the hiring of new employees who show the use of tobacco with the exception of employment in California and West Virginia.