- Job Reference: 425084692-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Chiquita
- Location: Dania, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
POSITION OVERVIEW: We are looking for an Accountant to join our accounting team in our Corporate office in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This person will be responsible for timely accurate month-end accounting close and associated tasks. Reviewing and preparing account reconciliations. Reviewing General Ledger account balances for compliance with GAAP and internal controls. Monitoring changes in the business and the accounting transactions for improved reporting & accuracy of financials. Identifying and communicating accounting issues and problems. Seeking opportunities to streamline and improve accounting transactions and working with the business to provide accounting support to meet customer needs. Involved in system projects and initiatives to develop and enhance transactional process and reporting tools. Providing guidance to accountants and reporting tools as well as providing guidance to accountants and co-op in department.
This is an exempt position. The primary duty of this role is office/non-manual work directly related to management or general business operations of the employer or the employer's customers. This role includes discretion and independent judgement in matters of significance.
* Responsible for timely and accurate posting of payroll to the G/L.
* Acts as liaison between accounting.
* Ensures timely, accurate, quality preparation of the Company's monthly financial statements.
* Works with Controllers and Tax departments for disclosure items.
* Provides financial support to the business through teamwork with analysts to provide meaningful information and reporting of the business.
* Supports working capital management and tax reporting.
* Provides information by responding to questions and requests;
* Assists with special projects by collecting and reviewing financial information
* Prepares reports and information to support business analysis; and contributes to team effort and objectives.
* Assists with development of budgets and variances and other tasks.
* Develops self and team through involvement in projects, work on system initiatives and developmental opportunities.
* Continuous evaluation of current processes for improvement
* Bachelor of Science, concentration in accounting.
* Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the preparation and review of financial statements.
* A thorough understanding of accounting systems, internal controls, process flows, and general accounting.
* Strong accounting and analytical skills.
* Computer skills - Excel, ERP accounting systems, Word, databases.
* Strong communication and leadership skills.
* Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
* Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
* Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
* Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chiquita Fresh North America
With a workforce on five continents, our employees possess diverse skills, education, talents and interests.Our people provide the expertise and enthusiasm -Chiquita provides big opportunities. Together , we're one of the world's best-known and most-loved brands.
At Chiquita, we take great pride in having a flat organizational structure in which our employees drive our business with unmatched entrepreneurial spirit. When you work at Chiquita, you're an important part of our global effort to improve the world's nutrition with healthy, fresh foods. We're driven by passion and guided by our core values of Integrity, Respect, Opportunity and Responsibility.
Our leadership is accessible for their expertise and support, but it is our employees who drive our business. As a result of the high level of responsibility and expectations put on employees at all levels, Chiquita employees are passionate about their work. They enjoy collaborating with other people around the globe on initiatives that directly impact our products, our brand and our company.