- Job Reference: 425086629-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Priority Life Care
- Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Remote Working: Some remote working possible
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Purpose is what gives life meaning
At Priority Life Care (PLC), we provide you the opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, growing organization that makes a positive difference in the lives of the seniors we serve. If you are seeking an organization that gives back, you'll love working here. Our principles and hospitality focuses define our company culture. PLC employees can be found participating in volunteer activities, getting involved in our committees or collaborating with team members in our innovative work space. You'll find lots of opportunities to grow as a professional, serve the community, and enhance the lives of seniors. Our culture of supporting Independence is truly what we feel makes us unique. Ready to make a difference? Then join us as an Accountant for Priority Life Care. We think it's time for you to begin your journey with PLC!
The Accountant's responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes. Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we're compliant with all tax regulations.
What you need to know:
* Manage all accounting transactions
* Prepare budget forecasts
* Publish financial statements in timely manner according to deadlines on contract
* Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
* Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
* Ensure timely bank payments
* Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
* Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
* Report on the company's financial health and liquidity
* Audit financial transactions and documents
* Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
* Comply with financial policies and regulations
What we are looking for:
* Work experience as an Accountant
* Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Hands-on experience with accounting software like Point Click Care and QuickBooks
* Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
* Experience with general ledger functions
* Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
* BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
* Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
* Industry Leader. We have been in the business of Senior Living for 10 years.
* Support. At PLC we offer all of the tools and support you will need to ensure your success and the success of your community.
* Competitive pay, great benefits and vacation time. We are an equal opportunity employer with benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401k. Competitive salary and bonus structure.
* Family oriented culture. We are family owned and family run. We provide a positive and supportive work environment which our employees value. Flex-time, work from home, and social activities with employees and their families add to our family-centric approach.
* Charity and community involvement. PLC is actively involved in several charities with emphasis on local ties.
* Outstanding advancement opportunities. 33 and counting; PLC is growing and we think you should too. Our company growth allows for internal growth opportunities across all of our business lines.
* Professional development. Ongoing, onsite education opportunities, education assistance, and continuing education credits allow PLC employees to keep their knowledge of current industry changes relevant.
* Fun company-wide events. PLC Executive Director Symposium, PLC Employee of the Year.
Sound like a good fit? Start a career with Priority Life Care!
PLC creates living experiences that supports the Independence of seniors. You'll see this commitment in our people. They're talented, dedicated professionals who truly care about residents, with each conducting his or her work with integrity, honesty and transparency according to the principles of PLC. We strive to help every community succeed-strengthening available resources, establishing proven practices that lead to long-term growth and creating lasting value for those living in, working for and affiliated with the community. Check us out on our website:
Priority Life Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.