- Job Reference: 425083372-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: First Commerce Credit Union
- Location: Tallahassee, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Come grow with us!
Do you enjoy performing monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports as necessary? Do you have exceptional analytical, statistical reporting and research skills to support projects? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day? Do you love numbers? Are you comfortable working on your own but enjoy collaborating with a team? Does your attention to detail ensure you'll get the job done accurately? Are you a good listener and able to translate a business question into just the right analysis to find the answer. Is this you, then apply and continue to assist us in being our members financial partners for life!
General Summary: Performs a variety of general accounting support tasks inclusive of balancing the daily postings of the credit union which includes maintaining balance sheet schedules and account reconciliations. Assists with month end book closings, account analysis, and financial modeling.
* Assists in the quarterly preparation of the Call Report for review by management
* Assists in the annual preparation of the Tangible Tax Return for review by management.
* Assists with the annual completion of the Escheat Report.
* Assists with the timely and accurate completion of all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end book closings.
* Gathers the asset/liability management model miscellaneous data for the download
* Reconciles the Warranty/GAP premiums and submits payment to Cuna Mutual
* Sets up and processes credit union prepaid expenses and accruals
* Processes the asset/liability management model download
* Processes and reconciles Fixed Assets, Indirect Lending Deferred, and Business Services Deferred fees through our Sage Software module
* Prepares charge off reconciliation and sends to management
* Assists with the asset/liability management download to the Jack Henry ProfitStars model
* Prepares financial reports for management
* Prepares daily bank reconciliations for Federal Reserve Bank, PCBB, and Servis First and other correspondent relationships that may be opened.
* Assists with the Qwickrate software for Certificate purchases and maturities
* Reviews daily the cash position of the credit union moving funds as needed
* Reconciles and maintains general ledger accounts by assignment.
* Assists with gathering information for various audits.
* Backup to the Accountant I position.
* Backup to the Accounts Payable position.
* Assists with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
* Will perform job duties in accordance with policies established by the Board of Directors under the rules and regulations set by the National Credit Union Administration, the State of Florida and any applicable State laws for financial centers located in other States.
* Complies with Reg E, BSA, OFAC and CIP requirements such as reporting suspicious or unusual activity to manager.
* Fully supports in actions and words First Commerce's Vision, Mission, Core Values and Service Standards
* Attends meetings timely and as required; reports to work as scheduled and adheres to First Commerce's dress code
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Business or Finance is required.
* EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3 years experience in the accounting department of a financial institution or 5 years experience in the accounting department of a non-financial institution is required.
* Strong knowledge of the principles of accounting.
* Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient with Excel, MS Word and able to physically use a computer keyboard.
* Must be diligent and self-motivated.
* Collaboration and teamwork skills.
* Excellent follow-up and tracking skills is a must.
Americans with Disability Specifications
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member (employee) to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The team member (employee) must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Integrity/Honesty (Universal): Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Models high standards of ethics.
* Social Competence (Universal): The ability to understand and manage own and others' emotions. There are five main elements of Social Competence: Self-awareness, Self-regulation, Motivation, Empathy, and Social Skills. The ability to interact positively and get along well with others. Social competence is a set of positive social skills necessary to get along well with others and function constructively in groups. Respects and expresses appreciation for others. Able to work and communicate well with others and listen to others' ideas. Demonstrates context-appropriate behavior that is consistent with social norms. Uses a range of skills or processes aimed at resolving conflict.
* Written Communication (Universal): Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
* Continual Learning (Universal): Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self -development.
* Customer Service (Leadership): Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement.