- Job Reference: 425086230-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Gulf Distributing Company
- Location: Mobile, Alabama
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Gulf Distributing Holdings, LLC
Position Description Accountant
Reports to: Controller
The Accountant is responsible for preparing schedules and reconciliations of GL accounts as instructed by the Controller. The Accountant is charged with supporting the Controllers efforts to accomplish timely and accurate publishing of monthly financial statements.
* Assist in preparing month-end closing reports.
* Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
* Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Performs bank reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations and other reconciliations as instructed by the Controller.
* All other duties as assigned.
Beverage Industry Experience preferred
Either Accounting degree or 3 years experience in accounting related functions
Self-starter with the ability to prioritize
Ability to work cohesively across multiple departments
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
Thorough attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Gulf Distributing Holdings, LLC is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.