- Job Reference: 425083407-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Location: New Haven, Connecticut
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
The Accountant completes accounting tasks associated with insurance operations, related charitable entities, and investment management entities. Prepare various monthly and quarterly reporting schedules. Works with Supervising Senior Accountant in closing monthly general ledgers (G/L) and assists with preparing quarterly and annual financial statements. Demonstrates an informed knowledge of accounting in working with Statutory, GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
* Prepares input and/or validates output of daily, monthly and quarterly journal entries into G/L. Posts deposits and check requests (via interface) into related charitable entity G/L's. Maintains separate Quickbooks G/Ls for appropriate insurance products, related charitable entities, and investment management entities.
* Prepares supporting schedules for quarterly and year-end financial statements, including state required filings and schedules requested by external auditors for year-end audit.
* Assists with preparing depreciation, expense account analyses and allocation schedules and monitoring clearing (suspense) accounts within G/L for timeliness or clearing.
* Performs daily cash balancing procedures and coordinates with Treasury and/or other departments to resolve out-of-balance situations.
* Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
* Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
* Works closely with Senior Accountant in closing G/Ls.
* Substantial and demonstrable financial skills to be used in financial analysis and reporting
* Strong organizational and coordination skills to support multi-tasking
* Effective oral, listening and written communication skills
* Effective interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Sound judgment
Education and Experience Qualifications:
* BS in Accounting
* 2-4 years insurance industry experience or equivalent combination of training and experience