- Job Reference: 425088915-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Amazon.com, Inc.
- Location: North Reading, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of achievers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Developing, implementing and improving accounting processes and procedures
* Ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting
* Working with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure proper support for the business unit
* Partnering with Financial Analyst on accounting automation and ad hoc projects
* Performing the month-end financial accounting close within tight deadline Supporting team along with support for business growth and expansion Billing intercompany Amazon customers and external clients and overseeing summary report
* Working with corporate finance to support them in the fixed-asset creation process
* Maintaining general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries and reconciling month-end balances for revenue and COGS accounts
* Internal financial reporting pertaining to revenue, sales and use tax, and drive-unit count
* Month-end close processes which will include booking uncollectible allowance, preparing rollforwards for external customer receivables, applying payments to open receivables, reconciling cash, and maintaining deferred revenue account.
* Working cross-functionally with other departments to ensure proper accounting for new or unique transactions.
* 5+ years of multi-national corporate or operational accounting experience.
* BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
* Accounting experience with accruals
* Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and ever-growing environment
* CPA (or equivalent)
* Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit