Prepares accurate and timely financial statements and reports, with a focus on loan, guarantee and incentive programs, which allow EDA program Directors and outsiders to understand the financial health of the EDA and to make informed decisions regarding future loans, guarantees, grants, investments, etc. Assists in ensuring integrity of data in billing and payment functions.
$55,643 - $69,554
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Processes cash receipts and reconciles to supporting documentation. Processes cash disbursements to include verification that all required documentation and authorizations have been received. Compiles and analyzes information and other financial information in order to record journal entries to the General Ledger accounts
* Prepares accurate and timely financial statements and related footnote information for review by Controller.
* Maintains current account analyses and reconciliations to ensure accurate financial statements, the safeguarding of assets, and an effective audit trail.
* Provides assistance in payment servicing of all EDA financings, including: generating monthly invoices, properly applying payments, and generating and reviewing project and financials reports to ensure data integrity.
* Responds to inquiries or requests for information from/to internal and external users of statements and financial reports, including federal and other state agencies.
* Contributes to and assists with preparation of annual budget information to include current year budget, current year actual, projections through current year-end, budget numbers for following year, and detailed support of the arrival at these figures.
* Reviews contracts, agreements, resolutions, board memos, program funds usage restrictions, trust indentures, appropriations, grants, legislations, etc. to ensure administrative and accounting compliance. Monitors outstanding commitments and obligations.
* Responds to inquiries and ad hoc requests from program and executive personnel and outside agencies. Prepares program specific reports.
* Provides backup and assistance to other accountants as needed.
* Prepares schedules and submits information that is required by auditors to facilitate a timely annual audit.
* Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
* Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
* Must possess basic understanding of GAAP; ability to research technical issues in GASB and FASB pronouncements and report findings
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Dynamics GP, and ability to learn new software packages.
* Good organizational skills, with attention to detail
* Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to interact with other departments to convey and solicit financial information
* Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
* Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints with little or no supervision
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
* Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or equivalent professional training
* Five years experience in general private or public accounting
Advanced degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
* Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
* As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
* Valid driver's license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
This position is considered exempt and is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt workers under the FLSA.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
* Foreign degrees/transcripts must be evaluated by a reputable evaluation service at your own expense and must be submitted prior to a start date. If this cannot be provided within 21 days of an offer the offer will be rescinded.
* Must comply with the "New Jersey First Act" which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
* Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.