Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchling's mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling's applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
The Accounts Payable Accountant will play a key role in our growing Procure to Pay team. We are looking for an individual with an accounting background, great understanding of GAAP and general ledger structure, and interest in accounting systems and integrations. If you are attentive, collaborative, curious and like to be challenged at a hyper-growth SaaS company, we would love to meet you!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
* Be a key contributor in the full cycle procure to pay processes, including reviewing and executing purchase orders and vendor contracts, and managing vendor records, coding and posting invoices, securing sufficient support and approval for invoices. Act as a primary point of contact, internally and externally, to address all vendor and employee expense inquiries.
* Review and process employee expense reports in accordance with the business travel and expense policies and approval matrices.
* Train, educate, and adhere to the Company credit card policy and assist users with virtual card requests and approvals. Review and process credit card transactions, post the correct descriptions and coding, and obtain documentation and support.
* Prepare timely and accurate check runs for vendor and employee expense disbursements. Process payments on approved disbursements.
* Identify and post job-specific journal entries (e.g. forex on multi-currency transactions, prepaid and related amortization, accruals, deposits, etc.). Prepare monthly reconciliations of accounts payable and cash disbursement analysis. Assist in month/quarter/year-end financial close and reporting processes.
* Participate in designing and executing best in class procure to pay processes. Continue to develop systems and processes to optimize scalability, efficiency and internal controls.
* Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. audits, tax and compliance filings, system implementation, etc.).
* BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent with a solid understanding of GAAP
* Minimum 2-3 years of experience working directly in an accounting role
* Familiarity with NetSuite preferred
* Proficient in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc.
* Experience in SaaS environment preferred
* Analytical and motivated to self-educate; able to identify and report relevant issues to management for timely and accurate resolution
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and demands
* Versatile, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and tasks
* Ability to communicate effectively with teammates and various levels of management as well as external contacts
* Reliability with strong work ethic, maturity and professionalism to handle confidential data
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
* Admit mistakes and shortcomings
* Deliver results
* Disagree and commit
* Obsess over customers
* Rely on work ethic
* Show empathy
* Recruit and develop the best
* Sweat the details
* Think and communicate clearly
* Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
* Work with a talented yet humble team
* Competitive compensation & equity package
* Quarterly mental health days
* Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
* 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
* Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
* Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
* To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.