Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job Reference: 425086111-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: TUTOR PERINI CORPORATION
- Location: San Carlos, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
General Purpose of the Position: The Accounts Payable Specialist works with a team sharing responsible for the full cycle accounts payable operations for job supplies, equipment and materials (JEM) and maintaining accurate vendor information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Review invoices for proper approvals and coding and appropriate discounts and process invoices.
* Follow up on any, errors and discrepancies and invoices not returned on time
* Set up new vendors, request W-9 and follow up and update vendor maintenance information
* Check purchase orders, packing slips, and other applicable back up for invoices
* Assemble approved invoices and disbursement requests on the AP batch invoice transmittal; send AP batch to corporate for entry into the system
* Send out approved checks for release and maintain file records
* Monthly reconciliation of vendor statement and clear any outstanding invoices and checks
* Other duties, as needed
Required Job Skills:
* Excellent organizational skills
* Team oriented and able to work with a complex systems
* Attention to detail and accuracy for all work
* Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and work independently
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Computer Skills and Experience:
* Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
* Must operate 10-key by touch and enter data quickly and accurately
* Previous experience with JD Edwards or any integrated accounting system
Education and Experience:
* Minimum AA degree in accounting or related field with 3 years' experience in accounts payable accounting or in lieu of degree minimum 5 years' experience in accounts payable accounting
Workplace Civility Rules:
* Represent the company with a positive attitude internally and externally.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Participate fully as a team member, completing all requirements and assignments in a timely manner
* Treat employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with courtesy and respect.
* Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment in accordance with Rudolph and Sletten/ Tutor Perini Corporation's Harassment Prevention Policy and Workplace Violence procedures.