Apply by clicking the following link:
The Aide Early Education CTE Center PT will assist students and the classroom teacher by performing a variety of tasks and to carry out instructional procedures under the direct supervision of the teacher, building administrator or appropriate supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform instructional support activities with students in individualized and small group settings as directed by teacher
- Provide instructional support to teacher in terms of preparation and development of instructional materials, operation of media/equipment, record keeping and monitoring of assignment completion
- Support students in computer work
- Work cooperatively with teacher in maintaining an orderly classroom environment
- Assist with classroom management plan
- Assist with supervision of students
- Assist in the safe and orderly movement of all students to and from other classrooms, library, gym, etc
- Assist in supervision of students on playground and/or during any school sponsored activity
- Maintain confidentiality of student information
- Attend meetings and district/campus trainings as required
- Assist in clerical work related to program compliance and implementation such as typing correspondence, copying and / or laminating materials, etc
Qualifications - External
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the above essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities, required unless otherwise stated as preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
- Current High School Student Actively enrolled in FBISD CTE program
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Texas Educational aid Certification preferred or will be required to obtain within 10 days of hire
- Minimum of 1 year Experience working with children preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in classrooms, offices, work stations and meeting rooms.
The position requires occasional walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and lifting/carrying work related items weighing less than 40 pounds, such as books, papers and presentation materials. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Attendance at conferences and professional development is required. Work involves everyday risks and discomforts which require normal safety precautions when operating equipment or performing job duties. May work prolonged or irregular hours and must be able to maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent contact with bodily fluids. Incumbent will be required to lift educational materials up to 40 lbs.'
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $12.00 - $18.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location