AR Collections Specialist
- Job Reference: 425088734-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Rubicon Global
- Location: Eatontown, New Jersey
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Title: AR Collections Specialist
Reports to: Sr. Director - Financial Operations
Rubicon Global (Rubicon) provides affordable waste and recycling solutions for businesses seeking a smarter, sustainable alternative.
To efficiently manage waste and recycling solutions, Rubicon utilizes proprietary technology that connects haulers to customers, streamlines billing, and verifies waste reporting. This position will ensure the loop of order to cash is fully closed. They will be responsible for ensuring all outstanding cash is properly routed with the end goal of cash in hand.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Monitors open aging of assigned accounts to ensure timely payment of customer invoices by securing promise to pays and applying effective collections protocols to maximize current balances.
* Oversees customer relationships regarding collection issues
* Assists customers with payment processing via ACH or Lockbox instructions or payment via 3rd Party
* Resolves customer billing issues, reconciles account discrepancies, and disputes, and assists customers and internal departments with problem solving needs
* Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
* Interacts with Key Account Managers and Customer Care team members for communication and coordination in managing A/R issues, as appropriate
* Performs other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
* Enlists the efforts of sales and management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
* Must communicate & follow up effectively with AR Manager regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
* Manages 3rd Party Collection Efforts
* Converts check paying customs to an electronic form of payment
* Supports collection strategies to meet targets
* Ability to perform in a fast-paced goal-oriented collections departments
* Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
* Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
* Experience with 3rd Party Collection Management Systems
* Problem-solving skills
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
* Commitment to excellent customer service
* Ability to enhance efficiencies in current process
* Process improvement experience
* Strong attention to detail
* Goal oriented
* Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related
* 3-5 years high volume corporate collections experience.
* Strong Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience
* Experience in Microsoft Dynamics Nav a plus
* Advance skills in Microsoft Excel
* Disciplined - Takes initiative and sets example to staff demonstrating a consistent and timely bias to action for execution of procedures and controls enforcement
* Tenacity & Drive - Diligently follows through and delivers work assignments on time with a high degree of accuracy
* Communicator - Ability to clearly communicate with customers and all levels of the organization
* Problem Solving - Ability to understand complex problems and quickly craft solutions through past experiences or researching solutions
* Quick Learner - Ability to learn process, approach, technology and quickly apply on your own.
* Self-Starter - Takes initiative to learn, deliver and solve problems, performing due diligence and research and bias towards action as opposed to waiting for directions.
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.