Truth in Texas Banking. That's what we're about. Founded in 2010, we are one of the ten largest banks headquartered in the state of Texas. We became a publicly traded company in 2014 and in 2020 we were listed on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, we've built a bank forever rooted in truth, transparency, and uncompromising integrity.
We know our strongest asset is the passion, authenticity, and talent of our people. We focus on the growth and development of each team member to unlock potential to "Be Your True Self." Our "True You" culture is made up of five pillars:
Be Mindful Be Healthy Be Better Be Prosperous Be Faithful
With this as our foundation, we've built a bank of people who are transparent, tell the truth, and act with integrity. We unite together in common purpose - caring deeply for our clients and communities, communicating openly with each other, and treating everyone with respect. Visit our website at and come see how we're bringing truth and transparency to Texas banking.
The Assistant Treasurer is responsible for supporting the direction of the bank's ALCO process including interest rate risk, the investment portfolio, liquidity risk, and capital. The candidate works directly for the Treasurer and must be a hard-working, team-player, solution-oriented individual. The Assistant Treasurer will also work closely with the CFO, Finance Team and other senior professionals of the Bank to review and evaluate a wide range of topics. The position is responsible for articulating perspective on current economic and investment outlook and effective communication with management, the bank's production teams, auditors and regulators.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Develop and implement investment strategies in the Bank's investment portfolio that meet or exceed performance and compliance expectations
* Maintain cash and liquidity forecasting model, aligning short- and long-range financial targets
* Manages relationship with the Federal Home Loan Bank, Federal Reserve, Brokered Deposit Network, Correspondent Banking, and other institutions related to sourcing and managing liquidity
* Support ALCO process, providing appropriate information and documentation to enact effective asset/liability strategy and policy compliance
* Retrieve and manipulate data from multiple sources and produce relevant analyses and charts at the request of the Treasurer, CFO and other senior management
* Assist in hedging and capital market transactions that support the bank's asset/liability and capital management strategies.
* Provide support and development of analytics and reporting to provide leadership for commercial and consumer loan and deposit pricing.
* Ensures compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures
* Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
Job Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or other quantitative disciplines required. MBA or master's degrees in Finance or other quantitative disciplines is a plus.
* 5-10 years of experience in the financial industry, with specific experience in the banking industry strongly preferred.
* Experience with fixed income mathematics, portfolio theory, analytical and portfolio management models.
* Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills strongly preferred.
* Experience with Bloomberg software is a significant plus.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Strong technical and analytical skills.
* Able to organize, coordinate, and direct projects.
* Solid oral and written communication abilities.
* Strong work ethic with solutions-minded and team-oriented character
No agencies or third parties please.
Work environment and Physical demands:
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job- related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Veritex Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. Veritex Community Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Veritex Community Bank Corporate Human Resources, Dallas, Texas.