Come Join the Leader in Organic Pediatric Medical Nutrition!
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for mechanical and minor electrical repairs of all equipment related to the facility. This includes routine PM’s and breakdown repairs of liquid blending, fluid drying, packaging, processing equipment, and facility equipment. The successful candidate will complete the proper repairs and PM’s at the appropriate times and complete the needed documentation for that work. This will ensure quality infant formula products are manufactured in Natures One new state-of-the-art facility. The ideal candidate will understand, practice and maintain the highest Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in all aspects of the job in an FDA regulated environment. The Maintenance Mechanic will understand and enforce all related standard operating procedures (SOP’s) without exception and may also be required to assist with the set-up and reviews of department related SOP’s. The successful candidate may expand their role based on mechanical and electrical knowledge attained as part of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Is passionate about protecting infants.
- Takes responsibility to protect vulnerable consumers and is always deeply serious without exception.
- Maintains personal and facility high hygiene without exception.
- Team Player
- REPEAT: READ FIRST FOUR BULLET POINTS AGAIN!
- Routine lifting of items weighing greater than 55lbs.
- Standing/walking greater than 80% of shift.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational issues on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.
- Makes necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain production quality.
- Ability to perform job duties based on written & verbal communications.
- Conduct operation and repairs of equipment in a safe manner following “lockout tagout” and confined space safety procedures.
- Makes preventive maintenance checks and inspection of assigned equipment; reports findings to appropriate team member and takes appropriate action.
- Maintains batch work orders to ENSURE batch is correct.
- Responsible for the batching process and following the SOP for each product.
- Responsible for running Clean-In-Place (CIP) operations; careful inspection after to ensure procedures were performed correctly.
- Has a “trust but verify” attitude about computers and equipment automation.
- Performs quality tests as defined by Quality.
- Cross train between warehouse, weighing, process, and dryer areas to relieve other team members for break, lunch, or Paid Time Off (PTO) purposes.
- Safely operate general equipment, including forklifts and aerial lifts (earn license)
- Comply with all policies and procedures of Nature’s One
- Perform other duties as assigned
Related Technical Competency
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- High mental and visual effort required.
- Ability to stand most of shift required.
- Willingness to work on an on-call basis after normal shift hours. Overtime may be required.
- Prefer 5 years of relevant experience in an applicable industrial setting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.