WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at all things accounting and bookkeeping? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the accounting space. Is this you? Read on…
We are looking for a Bookkeeper. This position will be responsible for the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. Possess organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. This is not a remote position.
* Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
* Run payroll with ADP
* Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
* make certain that accounts receivable are collected promptly
* Process payroll in a timely manner
* Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
* Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
* Maintain the chart of accounts
* Manage and oversee all day-to-day accounting operations including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections, fixed assets and tax compliance
* preserve an orderly accounting filing system
* Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
* Prepare monthly account analysis and financial and operational reports to identify and explain fluctuations in performance
* Issue timely and complete financial statements
* Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
* Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
* compute and issue financial and operating metrics
* Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
* Provide for a system of management cost reports
* Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions
* synchronize the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
* Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
* Report directly to the CEO
* Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
* Provide recommendations for improvements within the area
* Ad hoc projects within area of responsibility
* 3+ years of bookkeeping experience in a large organization, preferably within the Entertainment industry
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA preferred or equivalent experience
* Experience working bookkeeping software
* Ability to interpret data and make cost effective decisions
* Ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
* Excellent communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and tax software
* Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
* May work in drastic temperature climates
* Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours and travel to events to work, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by our company for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Our company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Our company recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Our company may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.