Work to turn vacation dreams into life-long memories by becoming a part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! We strive to be the first choice in vacation travel, enriching lives and uniting the world.
As a Business Development Manager (New Growth Development) you will be responsible for representing and selling Travel Impressions, Apple Vacations, Funjet Vacations, United Vacations, Southwest Vacations, and Blue Sky Tours to selected agencies which together, we have identified as accounts with potential to shift over 250k in business within a given year.
Alongside our VP Sales, you'll utilize your strong relationships to identify agencies that are low ALGV producers but have potential, and willingness, to shift business to ALGV. This account list will be developed with the right candidate and be created against a list of current BDM territories so as not to already disturb an existing relationship. This role may be asked to act alongside a local territory BDM to identify and craft strategy in shifting incremental business and profitability. Within your own list of accounts, you will develop and initiative the necessary paths needed to grow new business while also focusing on low producing accounts requiring research and conversation to identify their potential. You will take a consultative selling approach with travel agencies to identify share shift opportunities from our competition, leverage preferred relationships and execute engagement plans to grow incremental revenue. The territory today is to be determined based on the successful candidate chosen for the role.
A successful Business Development Manager (New Growth Development) will:
* Develop strategic alliances with travel agents and agencies
* Capitalize on existing personal intel and create strategies to shift business to ALGV Brands.
* Leverage preferred relationships of APPLE LEISURE GROUP in order to gain commitment, incremental revenue growth with travel agencies.
* Utilize a consultative sales approach to match the needs of the agency with the product offering of APPLE LEISURE GROUP.
* Gain revenue commitments with travel agencies for the appropriate brand(s). Execute an implementation plan with agency to realize committed revenue.
* Maintain engagement plans for all top accounts and develop them for lower producing accounts with large share shift opportunity.
* Achieve sales targets by managing account list effectively and growing the accounts with the biggest opportunities
* Be responsive to agent needs, issue resolution, and good follow up
* Represent APPLE LEISURE GROUP at events in respective territories as needed to cultivate new business opportunities and gain new revenue commitments.
* Create brand loyalty through the use of key tools such as joint marketing plans, agency education, provide marketing tools to agents, product differentiation, and value proposition of booking brand.
* Use reporting tools to understand profitability, trends and goal tracking
* Increase and promote distribution through VAX booking platform in line with established goals
* Document all activities via sales reporting tools provided
* Monitor competitive activities in the marketplace and provide feedback in reporting and in meetings.
* Work with direct leader and the BDM team to identify accounts that should be coming into the prospect account list
* Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Travel industry knowledge or experience preferred, but will consider other candidates will transferable sales background
* Location: Must be based within the United States. Work from home
* Being able to travel up to 70% of the time is crucial for this job Travel by plane and car is required depending on the location of client opportunity. Travel consists of attending sales appointments, meetings, trade shows, FAM trips, supplier functions, company meetings, training functions both in destination and in the territory.
* Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
* Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing or promoting products and services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics
* Sales Experience - Min 2 years experience in the last 5 years with another Tour Operator and/or Hotel Company. Knowledge of principles and methods for selling products and services including sales techniques and sales control systems. Ideally, consultative sales experience.
* Negotiation skills - the ability to position APPLE LEISURE GROUP as a solution to an agency's needs, ultimately persuading agency to commit to selling our products.
* Judgment and Decision-Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
* Analytical Skills: the ability to dissect reporting and take appropriate action to grow revenue. Good grasp of reading reports, understanding data. Knowledge of pivot tables a plus.
* Learning from Past Experience - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
* Excellent communication skills: the ability to write clearly, concisely. Strong verbal skills - the ability to communicate clearly the benefits of our products with the how/why an agency should work with us. Strong listening skills - ask the right questions and hear what is important to an agency.
About Apple Leisure Group
As North America's only vertically-integrated travel, hospitality and leisure management group, Apple Leisure Group is an industry innovator that combines the expertise of 14 leading brands. Our unique niche allows us the special opportunity to oversee every aspect of the travel experience, from the moment a guest books a trip to the time they return home. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising:
* Vacations: The largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands
* Resort Brand Management: management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio
* Destination Management Services: Best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar® DMC and Worldstar®
* Loyalty Program: Exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®
* Technology Solutions: Innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers.
To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
At ALG, we call our employees Team Members, because we are more than just employees. We are united as a team, working toward a common mission and vision. Together, we are committed to live the core values by which we operate:
We Care • We Are Authentic • We Inspire Action • We Do It Together • We Own our Results
* We Are Hungry For More • We do Everything With Passion
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Basic Life Insurance
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Paid Parental Leave
* Corporate Wellness Program
* Travel Discounts & Deals
* Paid Time Off & Holidays
* 401(k) Plan with Company Match
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.