The Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operation within the Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Capture Support Manager to lead and support high-performing capture teams, responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities in the Security Detection market. The successful candidate possesses technical education and related professional experience, resourcefulness, and motivation to join a cohesive, winning team. The position will report to the Director of Capture Operations and Excellence (CO&E) within the Business Development organization supporting the SES Operation.
The Capture Support Manager is responsible for developing and supporting the execution of the business operation's overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort to increase the win probability of new and existing opportunities and projects. Duties include orchestrating a bid strategy, providing oversight for proposal development, conducting market and competition analysis, and creating, leading, and supporting capture and proposal teams. The selected candidate is responsible for following Leidos corporate processes for business development and capture management. This includes working closely with the responsible business development and marketing lead; Bid and Proposals (B&P) team; maturing an opportunity from identification into capture and proposal phases; assembling and managing a capture team to successfully bid and win contracts; contacting and interfacing with existing and new clients and partners; communicating the organization's core capabilities; establishing internal and external teaming; and managing bid and proposal funding.
Additional responsibilities include: collaborating with internal stakeholders, business development and operations team members, as well as customer leadership and external stakeholders; working collaboratively with team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches; participating on or leading opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal and program reviews, and lessons learned activities; communicating status, resource needs, capture strategy, and recommendations to executive leadership; overseeing the proposal phase of the opportunity to ensure successful delivery to the client; contributing feedback and innovative ideas to the team in support of continuous improvement; and communicating and supporting the Leidos capture process for all opportunities, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective collaboration and inclusive leadership skills
- Strong commercial acquisitions knowledge and experience working with different types of contracts, processes, and tools
- Experience with development of pricing strategies and coordination with finance team for cost and price development
- Demonstrated skills in areas relevant to business development including opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer and industry collaboration, and team leadership
- Demonstrated experience in capturing and winning business development opportunities with emphasis on opportunity qualification, stakeholder engagement, solution development, and proposal submission
- Familiarity with rigorous capture management, proposal development, and business development processes such as Shipley
- Proven record of success managing and winning capture efforts within the Security Detection market
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal
- Experience with the development of commercial proposals
- Experience working with international teams and willingness to work long hours and weekends, if required
- Familiarity with federal and civil contracting
Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.