CRISPR Therapeutics is a leading gene editing company focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious diseases using its proprietary CRISPR/Cas9 platform. CRISPR/Cas9 is a revolutionary gene editing technology that allows for precise, directed changes to genomic DNA. CRISPR Therapeutics has established a portfolio of therapeutic programs across a broad range of disease areas including hemoglobinopathies, oncology, regenerative medicine, and rare diseases. To accelerate and expand its efforts, CRISPR Therapeutics has established strategic collaborations with leading companies including Bayer, Vertex Pharmaceuticals and ViaCyte, Inc. CRISPR Therapeutics AG is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, with its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc., and R&D operations based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and business offices in San Francisco, California and London, United Kingdom.Job Summary
- Manage the generation and qualification of primary cell and tumor cell banks for analytical assays.
- Develop analytical methods for cell bank characterization as necessary.
- Collaborate with scientists and research associates in the cell-based assay team to develop a cell bank screening strategy for various assay needs.
- Organize and analyze cell bank characterization data.
- Develop plans for cell bank qualification. Perform qualification experiments and author cell bank reports.
- Support writing and reviewing of analytical sections of regulatory filings for US, Europe and ROW.
- Participate in other cell-based assay development and qualification activities as needed.
- Degree in biology or a related field. Title will be based on experience:
- Principal RA: 8+ years (B.Sc.) or 6+ (M.Sc.) years of work experience
- Scientist: 8+ (M.Sc.) or 4+ (Ph.D.) years of work experience.
- Experience working with primary T cells and tumor cell lines. Cell banking experience for technical operations is highly desired.
- Hands-on experience in aseptic techniques, mammalian cell culture, and cell-based assays. Proficient in techniques such as flow cytometry, ELISA, MSD, qPCR and ddPCR.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience in apheresis, or handling T-cells, or primary human cells.
- Experience in working with cell and gene therapy products and viral vectors.
- Understanding of assay development and qualification per FDA or ICH guidelines.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
- Experience in tech transfer of methods to GMP labs.
- Understanding or knowledge of statistical tools like JMP, GraphPad Prism, PLA, etc.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
To view our Privacy Statement, please click the following link: