We Are Hiring: Our Physician Practice OBGYN OB department located in Columbia, MD is hiring for a Full-Time, Day Certified Medical Assistant to join our incredible care team. This position is eligible for a $1,000 & $2,500 Sign on Bonus based on Years of Experience. Work Schedule - This position will work Monday - Friday daytime shifts Why Join Our Team: Working for Saint Agnes is more than just a job? It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and our community. We provide a wide range of flexible benefit options, generous paid time off and countless opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide: Comprehensive benefit package inclusive of affordable medical, dental, vision, retirement and generous paid time off. Tuition Reimbursement Countless opportunities for professional growth, career advancement and ongoing learning Culture of teamwork and service
What You Will Do:
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatment ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' chart.
- Prepare treatment room for examination of patient.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider.
- Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Medical Assistant obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Any issuing authority is accepted.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater Baltimore area, Ascension Saint Agnes is recognized as an employer that provides an open, highly collaborative work environment where our workforce reflects the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates as well as a rich learning environment and countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities within our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, the Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center and Saint Agnes Foundation.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Agnes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.