This job is located in Wakefield.
Join Our Team: Are you ready for a rewarding career? Join a company that cares for you, too. Overview:
Elderwood of Scallop Shell is looking for a Full Time Med Tech to join our growing team.
Elderwood is in growth mode and currently looking for a Medication Technician to join our team! The Medication Technician functions as a key member of the Nursing team and works under the supervision of the Director of Nursing. Medication Technician team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing personal care to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents. This includes assisting residents with self administration of medications.
Benefits and Perks of being a Med Tech at Elderwood of Scallop Shell
- Clean, Neat, and Newly Renovated Facility
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Package
- Top Notch Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Substantial Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
Elderwood is a strong and growing company that is truly invested in its employees. We just recently increased our wages and offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays, an Education and Tuition Assistance Program and much more. Elderwood has a large continuum of care and is proud to say Elderwood at Scallop Shell has been providing top notch care at their location for 34 years!
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, resident, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Knowledge of elderly, ill, and/or disabled.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
- Basic understanding of following step-by-step procedures.
- Follows and understands written and oral directions.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace (with or without the aid of mechanical devices).
- Graduate of an accredited high school or GED preferred.
- Valid Rhode Island CNA and CMT certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Ability to work independently or part of a group.
- Effectively communicate with others.
- CMT Certification is required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.