Summary: The Corporate Sales Manager, Strategic Accounts is a key member of the national sales team supporting the execution of the Company's national sales strategy aligned to organizational initiatives. The Corporate Sales Manager, Strategic Accounts focuses on proactively identifying and securing new strategic accounts for the Groups & Meetings brand through a high volume of outbound business development activities. The successful Corporate Sales Manager, Strategic Accounts will manage existing strategic accounts effectively as demonstrated by annual revenue growth and retention, strong quality scores and collaborative partnership with lodge sales teams. Additionally, this role will work to grow the market awareness of the Groups and Meetings brand nationally and internationally and will achieve pre-opening sales targets for new lodges.
- Source new strategic accounts with an emphasis on growing trough business across the brand; execute account-specific strategy including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) activities leading to achievement of assigned sales targets
- Leverage CRM tools and systems to effectively grow database of key national strategic accounts and execute winning prospecting strategy; ensure all sales activities are documented in the CRM system
- Manage, retain and grow existing strategic accounts through day-to-day management of the accounts and key client operational relationships; partner collaboratively with lodge sales teams to ensure seamless execution
- Execute high quality and quantity of outbound prospecting and business development activities; convert these activities to meaningful leads, new accounts and revenue
- Partner with Brand team to assist in execution of Groups and Meetings national marketing activities, including but not limited to development of national promotions, social media posts and supporting collateral
- Execute strategic sales plan for new lodge openings as demonstrated by achievement of pre-opening sales targets; document all CRM activities and facilitate seamless transition of account relationships to lodge sales team at the appropriate time
- Represent the Groups & Meetings brand in the national and international marketplace, including but not limited to trade shows and outside sales calls; at all times present a professional image of the brand that reflects Company values
- Partner effectively and collaboratively with Lodge sales teams, particularly as it relates to client responsibilities; ensure a collaborative and positive tone is maintained at all times and that client needs are prioritized and ownership of activities clearly defined
- Interface with other commercial functions and non-commercial departments, including brand marketing, revenue management, digital and finance to support the growth and execution of sales initiatives.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and alignment with key members of the commercial, corporate and lodge sales teams
- Assist Corporate Director, Strategic Accounts with duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- College degree from an accredited university, Business or Hospitality preferred
- At least 3 years in Sales team position in the hotel and lodging industry
- Demonstrated record of success in consistently exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated track record of executing high volume of outbound prospecting and business development activities; comfortable initiating and developing new relationships
- Demonstrated technology expertise, particularly in CRM and hotel reservation systems
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills including the ability to handle and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Demonstrated organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral, presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work and influence cooperatively
- Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated collaborative team player who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated self-motivation and self-direction
- Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office Products
- Unblemished record of confidentiality
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Preferred location at Great Wolf's company headquarters in Chicago, IL
- Experience participating in national trade shows
- Deep knowledge of Opera and Amadeus (Delphi) software
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)