- Job Reference: 425083480-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Saint-Gobain Corporation
- Location: Merrimack, New Hampshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Saint-Gobain is seeking a experienced Cost Accountant for our Merrimack Films & Fabics plant. The Cost Accountat will work closely with the Site Controller to facilitate business plans and operational decision by generating & analyzing financial reports and shop floor reporting.
Specific Duties will include:
Cost Maintenance: work order reporting and analysis, product costing, cost roll-up, assist with internal procedures and policies. Run labor reporting and analysis. Assist with Inventory: cycle count audits, inventory account reconciliation, inventory reserve maintenance and analysis, inventory slow moving and obsolete.
Monthly Close Process: Perform journal entry posting, balance sheet reconciliations, Smart View data input and WCM data inputs.
Reporting & Analysis: Assist with site-specific financials, various variance analysis and department spending analysis. Maintain weekly/daily dashboards. Research and fix opportunities within the systems - work on automation programs, etc.
Fixed Asset Maintenance: Maintain a fixed asset roll forward schedule; work with project manager to confirm asset status. Ensure all fixed assets are placed into service timely.
In addition, the Cost Accountant will undertake metrics, assist controller with special projects and audit request.
Successful candidates will have the following:
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field (required)
* 3 years + experience with cost accounting, financial analysis in a manufacturing environment
* 3 years + experience with month-end close and balance sheet reconciliations
* 3 years + experience in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment
* ERP experience (preferably QAD or SAP)
* Strong data analysis capability and ability to report out to all levels of the organization
* Initiative to look for potential improvements in systems (finance and operational reporting)
* Ability to work and communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
* Ability to influence without authority with regard to financial decisions
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.