Keytronic is a team-based, supportive environment where everyone is able to feel encouraged and supported. We provide opportunities for growth through seminars, certifications, on-the-job training, and career advancement. Our team and employees are proud of our product diversity and team environment. We are an international company where you will do something different every day in our fast-paced work environment, but we are always finding ways to create something new and be innovative
We encourage you to apply for this position if you enjoy being challenged, working in a dynamic work setting, and being a part of a team that creates products that drive our world, while providing an innovative workplace with deep camaraderie, compelling product diversity, and resources to build your career.
Keytronic provides competitive salaries and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K. We also have a company provided wellness program because we care about the wellbeing of our employees inside and outside of the workplace. We organize volunteer opportunities, company activities, and all-employee meetings to show we value our employees and the community around us!
JOB SUMMARY: Develops, maintains, and monitors product costs. Reconciles and analyzes general ledger accounts (primarily inventory and cost of goods sold). Schedules and performs cycle counts/inventory audits.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Develops, maintains, and monitors product costs for manufactured goods.
* Reviews and analyzes price variance relating to parts purchased from suppliers, interacting with Program Management and Procurement for resolution.
* Performs financial and managerial information analysis on selected topics and reconciles general ledger accounts (primarily inventory and cost of goods sold accounts).
* Performs monthly cost accounting closure transactions by writing journal entries to classify cost of goods sold (COGS) to the proper accounts.
* Develops and maintains shadow database for quarterly revenue planning.
* Schedules and conducts cycle counts/inventory audits.
* Schedules and monitors reports for processing and creates reports when needed with the use of Microsoft Access or by interfacing with the Corporate Information Systems Department.
* Facilitates and assists uses of the MRP II system with security problems or concerns in the role of security expert and/or group owner.
* Compiles data and prepares reports as requested and required by Purchasing.
* Attends meetings as needed to support cross functional team objectives.
* Interfaces with customers as required.
* Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field with an emphasis in accounting.
* Three to five years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to operate a 10-key calculator, computer and use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software efficiently. In-depth knowledge of cost accounting concepts and principles and have the ability to apply them.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
* Sound written and oral communication skills; must be able to write and understand routine reports, follow oral and written instructions, and speak effectively.
* Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people.
* Must have knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment and be familiar with commonly used email, Internet, word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
* Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and materials. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
* Five years experience working in a cost accounting environment for a contract manufacturer.
* MBA, CPA, or CMA.
* Knowledge and understanding of GAAP principles and their application.
* Experience in Contract Manufacturing and EMS industry desired with an emphasis in supporting an offshore manufacturing facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach with hands and arms. The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and requires accuracy. The employee will regularly multi-task between projects, be required to move throughout the office building, and effectively communicate. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open cubical setting with some areas that may be louder at times.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents, and all job descriptions are subject to change to accommodate business necessity. In support of Keytronic's goals some incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all Keytronic employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
* Help train and give guidance to other Keytronic employees
* Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
* Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service
* Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
Keytronic is an EOE/M/W/VET/Disabilities employer.