Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles () .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
Were problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, youll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
We are seeking a NoSQL DBA/DBE with experience in managing MongoDB and DynamoDB primarily, who is also familiar with RDBMS technologies such as MySQL to join our world class team. You will be working with other DBAs and engineers to implement solutions for database related projects and tasks.
- Deploying and managing MongoDB clusters, replica sets, shards, etc.
- Monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, and backing up MongoDB.
- MongoDB Database design, deployment, maintenance, upgrade, and patching management
- Managing and support DynamoDB and MySQL environments
- Providing supports to the Service Engineers to solve customers' issues
- Develop and enforce architectural governance, database standards and best practices
- Act in incident management to resolve active incidents
- Working on projects, tickets, deployments, and releases, etc.
- Participate in team weekly on-call rotation
- 3+ years of solid hands-on experience in managing MongoDB 4.x and above in Linux environments.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing and support DynamoDB via AWS console and/or Cli calls.
- Deep understanding of MongoDB and/or NoSQL technologies, load balancing, and HA
- Excellent Knowledge and experience in MongoDB performance/scaling concepts, troubleshooting, and tuning best practices
- Good knowledge and experience with MCS, OPS manager and automation
- Expert at MongoDB or NoSQL schema and cluster topology design
- Experience in implementing, supporting, and auditing database security
- Hands on automation experience with Python, Perl, or Shell scripting, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS management especially MySQL
- Familiar with MySQL replication
- Strong team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad scope of responsibilities
- Available after hours occasionally to meeting and work with offshore engineers
- Available to work some weekends for deployments
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent related experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here () .
- Hear from our leadership team (://youtu.be/7i2o_tszj5g__;!!K5ATeMLGHIlgtw!N_9bFG2WvSVHNjvQfjuOpRN_CRuOAVcjK-OUBF5KymSi-XOFAnfRCVoBcyNhxGRFJi6P$)
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog ()
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram ()
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site () .