Summary: The Director of Digital Product Management will be a key partner to the VP of Digital at Great Wolf Resorts. This leader will be responsible for overseeing digital guest experience both online and in-property and manage a stellar team of Digital Product Managers, User Experience & Design, and Content Management functions. The successful candidate will bring strong knowledge of planning and delivering great customer experiences across mobile and desktop and will have a strong record of motivating product teams to deliver on financial targets through e-commerce. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of innovation having created or evolved a best-in-class, fully integrated, digital capability within a complex company landscape that is consumer-facing and customer-centric.
There are three main components to this role:
- Define a great experience to guests on and help with discovery and booking a stay. This channel delivers a significant portion of Great Wolf's overall revenues. The ideal candidate will be highly results driven and will use a data driven approach to constantly test and learn to operationally drive higher revenues through a variety of levers using technology, UX, creative, copy etc.
- Post-booking, use digital and technology tools to wow guests through the entire lifecycle to ensure they have a fantastic experience with their families. This is an evolving space across the entire industry and the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to own, define and execute on a superlative guest experience using a variety of evolving technologies.
- Enrich at lodge guest experience using mobile app, kiosks, messaging, and other digital tools that enable them to seamlessly check-in, order food, and navigate thru the choice of attractions & events to help build their relationship and brand affinity with Great Wolf.
Defining Products - Based on customer / organization needs
- Own long and short term product strategy, including product plan with delivery date and milestones, to support the entire customer journey and lifecycle: shopping/booking; post-booking/pre-arrival; on-property; loyalty/LTV management.
- Periodic strategy / development updates for the company, including the executive team and digital steering committee.
- Build reference POVs on new technology/concepts/channels that would elevate digital channel revenue, experience, and/or service capabilities.
- Develop and maintain product requirement documents, including stories, documentation for third party integrations, CMS documentation, and site functionality knowledge base (Confluence).
- Produce ROI of new product and experience opportunities, used to drive priority and scale of development team (both internal and external).
- Give development team clear and concise information about customer needs. Drive efficiency by removing the conversation between business need and technology.
- A/B and Multivariate testing of new features. Determine most profitable/efficient strategies by planning and prioritizing ongoing test pipeline.
- Coordinate digital channel operations including content changes and updates to ensure user experience best practices and deliver on revenue and margin goals for the company.
- Use human centric design to standardize and evolve user experience
- Detailed competitive and market set analysis, including competitive analysis, ensuring an accurate and non-biased picture of competition.
- Be the digital thought leader identifying industrial trends and opportunities in to build the Great Wolf Digital vision and roadmap.
- Ensure product superiority / parity.
- Customer research to determine critical features required for the products.
- Surveys and customer interviews to rapidly and inexpensively validate ideas.
- Market research through secondary research sources such as analyst firms and industry experts.
- Work directly with the Agency of record to understand offline marketing initiatives and how digital channels can support campaign goals.
Liaison / Break Wall for Engineering
- Prevent ideas from capitalizing on tight tech resources - act as a buffer between the field and development, ensuring that development is working on the highest priority projects.
- Determine feature versus schedule tradeoffs.
- Make difficult feature decisions based on business need and technology factors
- Coordinate quality assurance process including diagnosis of bugs' between field and development/design.
- Coordinate maintenance items between field and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related degree
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a relevant digital product management leadership role
- Product, analytics, and UX experience with large scale, responsive B2C site. Mobile app experience required.
- Strong analysis and process design skills. Good understanding of user experience concepts.
- Strong understanding of the product development lifecycle, particularly Agile product management. Experience bringing a new product from concept to market and optimizing once live.
- MBA or Master's degree preferred
- Highly analytical and proficient with making smart data driven decisions to scale business quickly
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Jira, LivePlans or Portfolio (as well as other Atlassian products), and Foresee. Adobe Experience Manager or other open source CMS experience a plus.
- Experience in driving digital experiences in physical environments highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in prioritization, organization, and time management in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities
- Critical business analysis skills - ability to hone in on real business impact and sorting through anecdotal reasoning, comfortable working with analysts and quantitative analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)