Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Associate Director, Global Real World Evidence (RWE) Strategy - Oncology role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Description: The Director, Global Real World Evidence (RWE) Strategy - Oncology role sits within the Medical Evidence Analytics and External Alliance function of the OBU Global Medical Affairs (GMA) organization. S/he will represent the RWE Strategy perspective, globally, from a tumor or indication perspective, in support of AZ Oncology products. Activities focus on the generation of a comprehensive RWE strategy to direct the Medical and Payer evidence generation to inform and improve health care provider, payer, and patient decision making. The RWE strategy team leads the internal and external communication of the clinical and economic value proposition and scientific results in order to achieve maximal scientific impact and commercial success of AZ Oncology products throughout their life cycle. This position requires an experienced individual with expert scientific knowledge of RWE and HEOR and its application throughout development process and a leader with business acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills.
As the RWE Strategy (RWES) Tumor Lead, the Director will hold the overarching accountability for the development and execution of RWE strategy for tumors/indications within Oncology franchises.
* Critically appraising the changing scientific and commercial environment and synthesizing pertinent information into actionable and impactful RWE strategies as a direct contribution to the Oncology TA Leadership Team.
* Drive the global and US real world evidence strategy and planning; champion future-focused thinking; utilize clinical, patient, local market and payer insights; and drive innovative ideas
* Take a holistic and futuristic view of real world evidence generation and use, knowing how to develop a real world evidence strategy to respond to unpredictable circumstances caused by data gaps, unexpected results, or the introduction of unforeseen external data
* Provide input to Global strategy and medical plans, payer-related evidence plans, reimbursement, market access & pricing, and regulatory strategies.
* Participate in the evidence generation planning process and resolution of complex issues, especially if they affect market access decisions and evidence for Oncology products.
* Fostering collaborative relationships with expert investigators in external academic institutions and research organizations and with internal stakeholders.
* Guiding the development of publication planning strategies and presentation/publication of scientific data at major medical and scientific meetings and in peer-reviewed journals.
* Prioritizing research activities, resources, and focus in the face of rapidly evolving product timelines in accordance with the RWES.
* Ensure inclusion and capturing of patient perspective where applicable.
* Assume budget responsibility for a RWES tumor, and ensure allocation of appropriate budget to projects that needs the use of external resources.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Doctoral/Masters degree in a relevant field (e.g., health economics, outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, health economics, health policy or related fields)
5+ years of relevant experience (e.g., academia, consulting, and/or industry); a minimum of 3 years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
Demonstrated subject matter expertise in the design and conduct of observational research in Oncology is required; additional clinical expertise at different phases of drug development is preferred
Skills and Capabilities
Expert research and analysis skills and a track record of scientific publications. Ability to work effectively, independently, and in a matrix team environment.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Will work on projects of diverse scope and complexity as a skilled specialist with advanced theoretical knowledge and practical training. Expected to exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices, guidance, and policies. Expected to represent AstraZeneca in external interactions with scientific, policy, and/or regulatory groups.
Should be highly motivated and work well with minimal supervision.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.