The Office of Student Success at The University of Texas Permian Basin (UTPB) invites applicants for the position of Director of Academic Advising.
REPORTS TO: Dean, Student Success
SALARY RANGE: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00
The Director provides vision and leadership to Academic Advising, which includes all aspects of student-centered advising from first-time enrollment to degree attainment. The Director is responsible for the development, coordination, facilitation, and integration of outcome-driven efforts in academic advising that support student success (e.g., retention, persistence, thriving, and graduation). The Director is responsible for the organization and operations of the Advising Center. The Director will serve as an expert on curriculum mapping and holistic advising and support the implementation of the Falcon Maps program. The Director will take the lead on Career Readiness strategies and the inclusion of career readiness in advising.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Provides leadership and supervision for the Academic Advising Office staff, developing a shared plan and measurable productivity standards, goals and outcomes for the office, and support for serving students.
2. Directs, coordinates, and manages all daily operations of the Academic Advising operation by designing, implementing, and updating administrative policies and procedures for advising; staying current on University policies and procedures that relate to academic advising, including curriculum information.
3. Enhances the undergraduate campus experience by developing and monitoring programs that are focused on academic progress, retention, and success. Responsible for the quality, consistency, assessment, and continuous improvement of advising and adherence to University policies and procedures in the Advising Office.
4. Serve as the leader and expert on Career Readiness strategies and the inclusion of career readiness in advising. Work closely with Career Services to support the integration of career readiness into the student experience.
5. Creates and manages the budget; acts as an excellent steward of resources.
6. Represents Academic Advising Office on campus committees, providing information and professional expertise related to academic advising; represents the University to a variety of professional organizations.
7. Responsible for maintaining academic advising proficiency by advising an appropriate caseload each semester, which involves assessing students' curricular needs and opportunities, and assisting them with course selection.
8. Advises and provides academic outreach to students individually and in groups.
9. Compiles and presents reports, proposals, and recommendations related to advising.
10. Designs and implements effective and ongoing training programs for advisors to ensure outstanding and consistent academic advising services to students.
11. Provides updated information regarding students' academic performance throughout the semester to academic advisors, coaches, and Academic Support Services.
12. Collects and reviews student data using various reporting systems to identify trends and evaluate enrollment levels, retention rates, and learning outcomes to assess student academic progress and graduation success rate.
1. As a student-ready University, we are looking for a leader who understands our student population and is excited to serve them.
2. Five (5) years of experience in academic advising in a college or university setting.
3. Experience in program planning and supervision required.
4. Bachelor's degree
1. Preference is for a Master's degree but a combination of experience and education will be considered.
2. Preference will be given to candidates with experience using a digital platform (such as EAB).
Please apply on our UT Permian Basin careers page for further consideration:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- higher education: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location