We are growing! ASC English seeks dynamic, experienced instructors for ESL Courses to international adult learners starting November 29 in Boston. Materials provided.
Two types of schedules are available:
Morning In Person Teaching: M-Th 9:00am - 1:45pm.
Evening Remote Teaching: M-Th 5:30 - 9:30pm.
19 - 30 hours per week, depending on class schedule.
Candidates with a BA and TEFL/TESOL degree required. MA degrees in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related major preferred. Overseas teaching highly desirable. Candidates must be eligible to work in the USA. Materials provided.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume, please list times of availability to be reached by phone in upcoming weeks, and indicate availability for teaching either morning in-person classes, or evening remote classes.
Job responsibilities include:
- Preparing and organizing class content using assigned textbooks and supplemental materials according to Course Objectives to facilitate and guide student achievement of the given Student Learning Outcomes and Course Goals
- Teaching and assessing Student Learning Outcomes during each curriculum cycle
- Establishing a comfortable, communicative classroom environment
- Delivering course content in a professional, dynamic, and helpful manner
- Keeping records of student assignments and providing feedback for those completed
- Giving monthly assessments of student classwork
- Maintaining accurate attendance records
- Completing monthly student progress reports
- Attending voluntary quarterly meetings for professional development
- Performing other related duties as needed
Benefits: PTO, Paid Public Holidays, Health Insurance, and Company 401k plan available after meeting service requirements.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
All students attending live classes are required to be fully vaccinated. Masks required in all areas of the school.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boston, MA 02215: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Adult education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location