Merion Village Restaurant seeking experienced cooks who will be responsible for preparing our high-end casual dishes for our guests. Geordie's Restaurant is a scratch kitchen full-service restaurant serving meals prepared and styled using traditional British ingredients and methods. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and consistently arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained. Executive chef is a strong teacher so experience with British methods / ingredients are not a prerequisite.
To be successful in this job, you will need a thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary education or equivalent experience is preferred. Recent experience in a related position is an advantage. Must be willing to become ServSafe Manager certified within 6 months of hire (paid for by restaurant).
- Consistently prepare menu items for our customers.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Ensure compliance with food temperature guidelines
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils remain clean at all times.
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
- Deliver and unparalleled customer experience.
Restaurant Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Culinary education or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation and safety.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.