At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Successful applicants for this position must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and be fully vaccinated, or have a valid waiver, by date of hire. Proof of vaccination is required.
Arcadis is seeking a Telecommunications Field Technician/Construction Oversight Representative with experience conducting field inspections, quality control, and health & safety oversight to join our Industrial Infrastructure team in Simi Valley, CA.
In this role, you will work with contractors and conduct field inspections to ensure work complies with contract documents, implement Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) processes, and provide detailed daily reporting including health and safety incidents. You will also monitor contractors' construction activities, report, and communicate with clients and contractors, and support Arcadis project managers remotely with field-related tasks. Typically, you will be the only Arcadis field employee on-site and the point of contact for fieldwork.
- Interface daily with contractors, clients, and local utilities to ensure all fieldwork progresses according to the approved schedule
- Manage all daily field activities
- Ensure contractors are following all approved project plans and procedures (e.g., QA/QC plans, H&S plans)
- Report daily construction issues and achievements to the project management team
- Provide construction updates
- Schedule and lead weekly field meetings
- Conduct daily field inspections in accordance with contract requirements
- Assist Arcadis PM with RFI and submittal review
- Identify and resolve non-conforming work and maintain and non-conformance log using Arcadis digital tools
- Develop punch lists and track to closure using Arcadis digital tools
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience working for a general contractor or managing general contractor field inspections
- Experience with fiber networks, subsurface utilities, or street infrastructure projects
- Ability to think critically, work independently, and engage and motivate field crews
- Confidence interacting with the client, key stakeholders, contractors
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills (oral, written, digital)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree in construction management or related field
- OSHA 30 certification
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Transform Your World