Financial Services Advisor
We are growing our team! Androscoggin Bank is looking for a talented, responsive, results-driven person to join us as a Financial Advisor in our Central Maine market. In this role, you will work with Clients to determine future goals and, based on their individual objectives and risk tolerance, determine appropriate financial products to meet those needs.
After providing investment advice, including recommending products such as advisory solutions, mutual funds, annuities, and insurance, you manage the account opening and trade processes for those new (as well as existing) clients. Where appropriate for the client, you may also refer them to internal and external financial solutions partners. This position will work closely with the retail banking teams to prospect new clientele, and broaden existing bank relationships.
Requirements The position requires a candidate with the following skills:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university.
* 1-5 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a banking environment.
* Prior experience with Financial Planning as serving as a fiduciary.
* Experience with a mix of products including mutual funds, annuities, insurance and equities.
* Requires a series of securities and insurance licenses including Series 6 or 7(preferred), and 63 and 65 or 66 and state life & health insurance licenses.
* Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proficiency with multiple computer applications, specifically word processing, spreadsheet and database management software.
* Proven ability to meet deadlines and complete work in a timely manner.
* Ability to work independently.
This position carries great benefits, including paid time off, holiday pay, 401k participation with a generous match (we put money in your 401k even if you don't!), and access to Androscoggin Bank's full insurance benefit package (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability). Androscoggin Bank provides paid parental leave and paid volunteer time.
Hoping you could advance your career and your education? We can help. Androscoggin Bank is committed to supporting employee development, and employee benefits include tuition and education reimbursement.
Do you wish you could be more involved and connected in your company, beyond the level of your department? Androscoggin Bank offers that to you. Project teams, committees, events, in-house education, and more. It's an amazing place to work.
Not the perfect fit? See all our current job postings HERE
We are deeply proud that Androscoggin Bank recently achieved B Corp Certification. This means we'll continue to use profit to power our purpose, rather than serving as the purpose itself. We'll serve the best interests of our clients, our employees and our communities, while also honoring our environment. Learn more about it here -
Androscoggin Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including gender identity and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.