Financial Advisor Opportunity Overview
As an Financial Advisor you will be responsible for business development, relationship management and client experience, within an assigned geography. Using non-FDIC insured securities and insurance products, you will assist current and potential clients with investment needs and collaborate with business partners to create needs based solutions and services.
As a Financial Advisor with Banner Bank you will have the opportunity to:
* Source and develop qualified client prospects by identifying and utilizing referral sources, outside calling, networking and existing clients
* Provide exceptional service to prospects and existing clients seeking objective investment advice and guidance through a professional approach and demeanor
* Return calls in accordance with service level agreements and honor the client relationship above personal gain
* Use a consultant approach in the client interview and communicate all required disclosures as well as ascertains all pertinent information about the client, including risk tolerance, time horizon, financial net worth, ability to understand the products and investment experience
* Service account relationships on an ongoing basis, meeting with the client periodically to review account activity, profile changes, life events and other discoveries that would affect the management of the account
* Work proactively with Bank partners to support prospecting activities and participates in outbound calling efforts
* Work within compliance guidelines and policies of the Bank, the third party broker/dealer and FINRA
* Cooperate and participates in the audit process to achieve excellence in audit results
* Maintain responsibility for own portfolio and assure compliance
* Maintain all licensing in good standing, completing continuing education courses as assigned by regulation and by the Bank
* Stay informed of current market trends and emerging products
Education & Certifications
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
* Active Series 7, 63 and insurance licenses and a U-4 with no customer complaints, settlements or adverse actions taken by a prior broker/dealer or regulatory authority required
* 3 years of experience in a brokerage program at a wire house, bank or credit union required
* Ability to read, analyze, interpret financial and credit information and governmental regulations
* Ability to write business correspondence, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
* Requires the ability to explain complex terms to clients in a clear and simple manner
* Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Compensation & Benefits
* Excellent compensation, plus bonus potential
* Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, health and dependent daycare funds, life and disability protection
* Paid vacation time, sick time, annual personal days and 10 company paid holidays
* 401k (with up to 4% match)
* Tuition reimbursement after 1 year of service
About Banner Bank
More than 125 years ago, we started with core values that never go out of style: listen, learn and help businesses and individuals reach their goals. Our focus on offering outstanding value is why Money Magazine named Banner the Best Bank in the Pacific Region of the U.S. in 2018. Likewise, our financial strength and stability are key reasons Forbes included us on the Best 100 Banks in America the past three years.
With more than $11 billion in assets and over 200 locations, in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and California, we understand our role in the economy and take that responsibility seriously. In addition to offering solutions to help clients dream big and achieve more, we support employee volunteerism and donate millions of dollars each year to community organizations.
Banner Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Banner Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Banner Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Banner Bank. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.