Securitas is the most locally-focused Protective Services company in the United States, with over 640 local branch managers and approximately 86,000 security officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the specific needs of thousands of businesses. Securitas USA's core business is security services. Our main service offering categories are specialized guarding, mobile guarding, remote guarding and corporate risk management.
The Field Operations Officer Program:
The Field Operations Officer program intends to showcase Securitas USA’s finest security officers and attempts to promote Security Officer development and training. Ideally, Field Operations Officers will gain a broad and specialized knowledge of various high profile posts. Field Operations Officers will be evaluated for leadership and further growth potential. Strong and reliable performance as a Field Operations Officer will earn the Security Officer consideration for assignment to supervisory or other leadership posts. Ideally, Field Operations Officers will develop career paths to further grow within the Company.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- Staff new accounts until permanent Security Officers can be hired.
- Provide security and/or leadership for short-term special events.
- Fill in for officers, leads, and supervisors while on vacation/sick/no call-no show.
- Support staffing requirements at accounts during shortages due to vacations, call-offs, no shows, suspensions, holidays, etc.
- Assist in start-ups at new accounts to include: working the site, writing post orders and training checklists and training newly assigned permanent Security Officers.
- Work special security assignments as required.
- Expect to work on weekends and holidays with limited notice, and work during “high need” periods.
- Must have prior security, law enforcement, military, or corrections experience
- Must have excellent leadership skills and be able to work in a supervisory role
- Provide to the office a reliable phone number where the officer can be reached (i.e. cellular)
- Be able to obtain reliable transportation.
- Be willing to work the 3 different shifts (i.e.,day/swing/grave, etc) and sometimes 6 days per week.
- Have a clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and successfully complete the Securitas Safe Driving Certification Program.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.