Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it's buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices, as well as online and digital channels.
We have an immediate opening for a Community Home Mortgage Consultant (CHMC). This individual is responsible for focusing on serving our customers while soliciting and producing high quality residential mortgages that meet Wells Fargo Home Mortgage guidelines.
This role will serve assigned community markets and develop and maintain relationships while working with various sources including; realtors, builders, financial professionals, minority trade organizations, non-profit housing agencies supporting first-time home buyers, new and existing bank customers, and other community referral sources, while providing excellent customer service and Advancing Home Ownership.
The CHMC should reside and have extensive market knowledge and presence in the assigned geography supported. There will be a required amount of time, as defined by WF, to be spent in an assigned WF Bank branch located in a diverse or low to moderate community, supporting the team and its customers.
This position includes base pay plus incentive.
Additional duties include:
* Develop knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements
* Obtain and maintain the following certifications, as defined by WF: Bond & WF Funded DAP, WF Non-Funded DAP, Diverse Segments & CRA, VA/Military and Union Certification.
* Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
* Inform prospective and existing customers of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
* Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
* Receive customer applications, quote the rate and points, and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
* Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility for WFHM in the marketplace
* Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required
* This position is open in multiple locations around the Los Angeles Area*
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
* 1+ year of sales experience in financial services, outside sales experience, or a combination of both
* Basic Microsoft Office skills
* Documented retail residential mortgage fundings over the past 12 months referred primarily from established, local, external sources
* Customer service experience
* Mortgage industry experience
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
* Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
Other Desired Qualifications
* Documented retail residential mortgage fundings over the past 12 months referred primarily from established, local, external sources; knowledge of conforming and government products and programs
* Bilingual speaking proficiency
* Completion of formal position specific training programs
* This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site ( ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
* Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
* Reliable transportation
* Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
CA-Ontario: 4141 Inland Empire Blvd - Ontario, CA
CA-Downey: 8255 Firestone Blvd - Downey, CA
CA-El Segundo: 2141 Rosecrans Avenue - El Segundo, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit for benefits information.