Human Resource Generalist
- Job Reference: 425088947-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: MATERION
- Location: Elmore, Ohio
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: HR / Recruitment
- Job Type: Permanent
At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Are you a new or recent grad seeking to build a career in human resources? Do you have the desire to contribute to a company's success through it's people?
As Human Resource Generalist, you are a member of the local facility HR Team and the global HR Organization where our people make a difference. You will provide consistent support to the Elmore team in the areas of employee relations, recruiting, new hire onboarding and employee engagement
You Will Have the Opportunity to:
* Administer key HR processes which include employee relations, hourly staffing, new hire onboarding, employee performance management and regulatory compliance.
* Support HR programs and services that enable the business to achieve growth and performance goals.
* Work with supervisors and managers for day-to-day HR related matters.
* Contribute, as a team member, to HR continuous improvement projects
* Progressively expand your scope, as you gain expertise and experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Human Resource Specialist or Generalist role within a manufacturing setting. This can be acquired via internship, co-op or other work experience.
* Knowledge of core human resource disciplines, as well as federal and state employment and benefit laws
* Flexible and able to pivot priorities in a fast-paced setting
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Able to travel and open to relocation for future career opportunities
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction.