Assists teachers in the implementation and supervision of appropriate day care activities as assigned.
90 hour AND 45 hour certifications REQUIRED for this position.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- 1 year experience in day care or preschool setting.
- 90 clock hours of Early Childhood certification and 45 clock hours of Infant/Toddler certification are required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in gathering resource material for planned activities.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Maintains an orderly classroom environment. Displays understanding of child development, developmentally appropriate practice, and positive guidance technique.
- May open or close center in accordance with state regulations.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares for and assists in monitoring meal and snack activities including cleanup.
- Supervises activities related to play, naps, hand washing, and toileting procedures.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- 90 Hour and 45 Hour Childcare Certifications (Required)
Work Location: One location