Investment Banking Analyst (2nd/3rd Year)
- Job Reference: 425087316-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: England & Company
- Location: New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Administration
- Job Type: Permanent
England & Company ( [ is an independent investment banking company with offices in Houston, New York, San Diego, and Washington, DC. England provides strategic advice on mergers and acquisitions, financial restructurings, and private financing transactions to middle-market companies in the business services, energy, healthcare, industrial, and technology sectors throughout the United States and internationally.
We are actively looking for an Experienced Analyst (2nd or 3rd year) to join the firm in either Houston, New York, or Washington, DC. The successful candidate will be working closely with senior bankers throughout the firm, in all industry and product groups, with opportunities to gain significant exposure to sell-side and buy-side advisory, as well as placing equity and debt offerings, for companies in numerous industries. Responsibilities at England are often less rigid and more entrepreneurial than at other firms.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Working directly with senior bankers in all facets of business, including marketing, transaction evaluation, and transaction processing.
* Preparing client presentations and offering memoranda for M&A transactions, private financings, restructurings, and other projects.
* Actively participating in transaction execution, including due diligence, with significant client interaction.
* Conducting a wide variety of quantitative analyses, including DCF, LBO, comparable transaction and accretion/dilution analysis.
* Monitoring relevant transactions, capital market trends, company financial statements, industry, regulatory, and other economic information.
* Ensuring the quality of client deliverables by having a strong attention to detail.
* Mentoring junior analysts at the firm.
Position available for immediate hire.
Qualified candidates will exhibit the following:
* At least 1 full year of experience in investment banking at a highly regarded investment banking firm.
* Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Elevated attention to detail and consistency in work product.
* Organized and proactive, with an ability to operate in an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
* Strong work ethic and team player.
* Series 63, 79 licenses and Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam required at time of hiring or shortly thereafter
Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package (including paid time off; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and a 401K plan), as well as future growth opportunities within the company.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please do not reach out to any England team members regarding this role.
England & Company is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to England, or any of its employees, via-email, the Internet, or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of England, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by England or any of its affiliates.