- Job Reference: 425085857-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: AEG Worldwide
- Location: Ontario, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Company Information: AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
* AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
* AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
* AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
* AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Junior Accountant will perform entry-level accounting work for the Ontario Reign Finance department. This position requires an understanding of basic accounting principles and accounting functions. Responsibilities include banking activities, maintenance of financial records, performing month-end closing procedures, preparing billings, performing financial analysis, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The position will interface with the VP of Business Operations and Finance to support various tasks on a daily basis.
* Collect and scan new invoice submissions for the Ontario Reign, Hope Reigns Foundation vendors into ImageNow for Accounts Payable; Review vendor statements to verify invoices match check requests/ImageNow requests to approve for processing; Process invoices in the Image Now system. Manage Concur reports and process for the Reigns P card.
* Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and resolve invoice discrepancies; Prepare and record cash transactions; Collect and enter new customer receipt submissions for LA Kings and Kings Care for Accounts Receivable. Prepare game settlements for Ontario Reign and Hope Reigns; prepare monthly MOPS and upload monthly journal entries and payroll entries
* Review statements in the JD Edwards accounting software to resolve discrepancies and ensure consistency
* Reconciles bank accounts; Assist in the clearing of suspense accounts; and assist with other month end close procedures.
* Assist VP of Business Operations and Finance with BU budget analysis and reclass entries. Begin to learn the budget process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Junior Accountant must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
* Knowledge and understanding of Accounting principles.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; ability to learn required business systems
* Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
* Experience acting as a liaison within internal and external departments
* Ability to multitask and execute multiple projects and assignments with high attention to detail
* BA/BS Degree (4-year)
* A minimum of Mid-Level Non-Exempt 2-4 years of related work experience
* Prior experience using JDE/Oracle, Image Now
* Big 4 audit experience strongly preferred.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.