Looking for a full-time Cosmetic Chemist with experience formulating personal care and cosmetics. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to our COO. This is a great position for an individual looking to have a strong impact on a company's main product offering.
- Formulate, research, test, stabilize, troubleshoot, validate specifications
- Develop batches from scratch; and improve upon and scale up existing batches.
- Work with current team on improving equipment and capabilities of the experimental lab on-site and the quality control procedures performed in it.
- Assist in resolving product or process problems.
- Stay current on developments in the cosmetic field and continue to demonstrate performance improvement.
- Understanding of consumer insights related to product development and experience in assessing and developing intellectual property is a plus.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills. Display a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated aptitude for navigating ambiguity. Minimum of 5+ years of experience in development and manufacturing personal care products
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, and at least one-year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in the development and manufacturing of personal care products.
- Must have experience in the beauty/ cosmetics industry
- Proficient with IT skills (databases, MS Office etc)
- Excellent communication and time management skill