Title: Lead Maintenance Technician
Requisition Id: 14050
Job Function: Plant/Processing Operations
Career Area: Operations
Work Location: St Louis, MO
$1,000 sign on bonus included for a full time, non-seasonal career opportunity with no weekends required- apply now! At Stericycle, we deliver solutions that protect the environment, people, and public health and working to create a more sustainable future. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Under direction, perform all maintenance functions, including but not limited to preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance on all equipment throughout the plant.
Key Job Activities:
* Perform diagnostic evaluation on equipment and make repairs when needed. Ensures that repairs are performed in the shortest amount of time possible to maintain the highest level of operational readiness
* Performs preventive, corrective, and scheduled maintenance on a daily basis on a variety of machinery within the plant. This machinery includes but is not limited to fire tube boiler and ancillary equipment, steam delivery systems, water softeners, water treatment equipment, air handling equipment, pneumatic and electric systems, pumps and motors, and conveyor systems
* Perform electrical maintenance on all plant equipment to include 480V/240V/120V/24V power systems. PLC and control troubleshooting and maintenance experience required. Perform plumbing, welding and cutting torch activities
* Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure a safe, clean, healthy and efficient facility and vigorously support Stericycle's commitment to Safety
* Document results through completed work orders based on schedule and priority or as required. Research and recommend maintenance supplies, equipment and procedures
* Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Preferred Education: in Associates or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
* Education equivalent to Associates Degree from two-year college or technical school, or the equivalent in related work experience
* 8 or more years of related experience and/or training, demonstrating the ability to identify repairs that are needed and to assure schedule production run
* Possession of boiler, steamer, welding, or electrical certification or license recommended
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis