Xos is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment. The market is growing. The need is rising. The time is now.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to do our part in the battle for a cleaner planet. Were go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
We are seeking an experienced paralegal who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to adjust and respond to competing business deadlines. A successful candidate will be driven and have prior professional experience as a paralegal in an in-house legal department.
* Develop and manage our contract management system and organize corporate records.
* Act as the principal point of contact for tracking of contracts and regulatory filings.
* Maintain electronic and physical files and general office organization.
* Draft, edit, proofread and redline agreements and legal documents under the supervision of in-house counsel.
* Work cooperatively with legal counsel to develop agreements for use across the organization, including NDAs, sales agreements, and vendor contracts.
* Manage corporate records, including Board of Directors and shareholder minutes, corporate subsidiary, director and officer information, governance policies and compliance processes.
* Maintain calendar, schedule meetings and make travel arrangements
* Assist with special projects based on experience, abilities, and interest.
* 3+ years of legal administrator or legal assistant experience in corporate or law firm environment
* Computer/word processing skills, with demonstrated experience creating and editing MS Word documents.
A Successful Individual Will Excel in the Following Areas:
* Ownership Oriented. You are a self-starter who values taking ownership of projects. Should be able to identify issues and solve practical problems in an independent manner.
* Organized and Dedicated Problem Solver. You have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
* Workflow Prioritization Demonstrated ability to prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects.
* Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Must thrive in an environment that is ever-evolving.
* Positive Attitude. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. You have a positive attitude and a desire to contribute to a strong, supportive team.
* Intellectually Curious You are always willing and looking to expand your knowledge and grow intellectually.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to speak and write with confidence and competence for a wide audience, including management.
* Attention to Details. Yes, we realize that detail-oriented is on about every job description but we really mean it!
* Team Player & Relationship Builder. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with executive team members and employees across all levels of the company in a highly professional manner
* Xos, Inc. is committed to offering competitive wages
* The Company offers medical coverage, paid 100% by the employer for employees with dependent coverage partially off-set by the employer
* Dental, Vision, and Life plans are also offered through the Company's health package
* Generous PTO, sick, vacation, and holiday pay
Xos, Inc is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.