Wood Residential, one of the largest Real Estate developer in the nation, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Specialist for one of its large, beautiful apartment communities.
At Wood Partners, being a Maintenance Specialist is a combination of hands-on maintenance and customer service. While you enjoy the hands-on work of replacing dishwashers or repairing damaged carpets, it's your customer service skills that set your performance apart. Your maintenance, construction or general labor background gives you the skills to handle any maintenance task, while your customer service skills ensure our residents are satisfied and that their homes are in working order.
In this general labor maintenance role, you bring not only your customer service skills, but an attention to detail and the ability to recognize problems before they happen. As a Maintenance Specialist, you understand that it is a resident's home. Not only do you fix the problem, you pride yourself on your interaction with the resident, taking the time to understand and listen to their concerns.
$1,000 sign on bonus (paid after 90 days)
One minute it could be a hot water heater that needs replacing, the next a carpet or a project in the community center, but being a Maintenance Specialist at one of our beautiful communities has you moving from one task to another, juggling and adapting to the situation to find a solution that works. You enjoy the variety of tasks and the interaction with the residents and fellow team members.
As a Maintenance Specialist, you are responsible for the appearance and working order of the complex including structures, facilities & systems in individual apartments, exterior and common areas.
As an experienced professional you will:
* Provide maintenance support to ensure peak performance of all systems to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC
* Complete projects/tasks in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner
* Be able to make sound decisions and problem solve timely and effectively
* Follow up on assigned service requests within 24 hours
* Complete assigned daily, weekly and monthly tasks timely and accurately
* Constantly observe the condition of the community and immediately report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe condition
* Physically walk the property on a frequent basis to ensure pathways to units/models, stairways and breezeways, dumpster areas, recreation areas, common areas, grounds adjacent to the road and walkways remain neat and free of litter and debris at all times
* Maintain the appearance of the building exterior and grounds effectively
* Complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
* Maintain regular and predictable attendance and punctuality
* Perform after hours emergency on-call coverage as scheduled
* Be observant for any problem that could be a hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, staff, guests and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc
* Display a service-oriented mindset at all times maintaining courtesy and diplomacy with residents, colleagues, management, vendors and all external customers
In addition to your technical experience with construction, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and mechanical systems, you have a proven customer service and leadership skills. While you know your way around hand tools and power tools, you have demonstrated experience including:
* Experience in maintenance and grounds keeping
* Use of small hand tools, gas power tools, blowers, power washers as well as brooms, ladders, scrub brushes and various types of rags, different types of cleaning solvents and including use of required safety equipment
* Must have reliable transportation to get to work as scheduled and for on-call emergence maintenance
* For safety purposes must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English; bilingual Spanish skills for read, write and communicate effective are a plus
* Must have a minimum of 1 year apartment maintenance experience
Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to prioritize and organize your daily work responsibilities
* Ensure excellent service standards to maintain high level of resident satisfaction
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* Ability to make sound decisions and problem solve timely and effectively
* Work cooperatively with others
* Maintain regular and punctual attendance
* Work overtime as assigned
* Position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. It is extremely critical that individuals are able to work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job including overtime hours. Position requires employee to be on call to perform services as scheduled or as necessary including nights and holidays
PHYSICAL, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. Employs two person lift when lifting/carrying objects that weigh more than 50 lbs
* Ability to carry, push and/or pull, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl
* Significant amount of walking throughout the day
* Climbing up and down a ladder
* Ability to work in hot, cold and/or damp environments
* Use of general grounds keeping equipment including, but not limited to leaf blowers, snow blowers, brooms, ladders, scrub brushes and various types of rags, different types of cleaning solvents and including use of required safety equipment
* Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials
It's a great place to work! Wood Partners offers financial incentives based upon performance. In addition, we provide a salary and benefits package which includes a 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, paid sick time, paid company holidays, job training programs, and paid vacations.
Wood Partners is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, familial status, marital status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site due to a disability, please contact Human Resources by e-mail or telephone at to request and arrange for accommodations.