Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
- Job Reference: 425087546-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Land O' Lakes
- Location: Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
* Competitive compensation and rewards
* Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
* Powerful savings programs
* Training and career progression
Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
This role is part of our Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair in support of the facility and production equipment. In this role, the technician will work with a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and controls. Superior logical-thinking and troubleshooting skills are critical. This position is critical to the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
SHIFT: 2:30pm - 11:00pm, Monday - Friday (OT may be required)
WAGE RANGE SALARY: $22.25- 23.50 DOE starting with increases based on competencies
Land O'Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
* Basic computer skills
* Age: 18 years or older
* Safety: Ensuring the complete physical safety of oneself and one's co-workers at all times without exception
* Inspect machinery: Knowledge of check machine equipment for proper performance and detect faults and malfunctions. Diagnose malfunctions using testing equipment to determine the required repair.
* Write technical reports: Experience with compose technical customer reports understandable for people without technical background.
* Perform machine maintenance: Familiarity with perform regular maintenance, possibly including corrections and alterations, on a machine or machine tool to ensure it remains in a proper productive state.
* Time Management: Showing up on time, reliably completing tasks by the deadline, and adapting to changes in deadlines and priorities with minimal supervision.
* Comprehension: Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
* Coordination: Working well with others to meet team goals and adjusting to important changes
Physical Requirements for maintenance positions regularly include:
* Able to lift 50lbs
* Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements
* Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
* Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust is present
* Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays and periodic overtime
Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O'Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U ) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.