- Job Reference: 425082617-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: UFC Gym
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician oversees the Club's upkeep. The Maintenance Technician maintains the day-to-day maintenance operations and assumes responsibility for maintaining the physical asset of the Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Club and Equipment Maintenance
* Ensures proper operation of all club areas including: Exterior and Entrance areas, Sales Area, Exercise and Cardio Rooms, Weight Rooms, Locker Rooms, Dry Sauna, Kids Club Area, Group Fitness Room, Bag Room, Mat Room, Juice Bar and Gym Store, Kids Gym, Employee Break Room, Storage Room and any other areas that are located within UFC Gym premises.
* Performs monthly fire extinguisher checks.
* Works closely with the General Manager, Operations Manager and Director of Operations to discuss club maintenance needs and repairs.
* Conducts a daily walk-through with the Operations Manager and maintains a Maintenance Log and ensures follow through and communication on these items.
* Conducts a daily safety walk-through of the Facility to identify and address any immediate safety concerns. Meets with the Director of Operations on a regular basis in the club to do a walkthrough in the club.
* Works on special projects as directed by the General Manager and Operations Manager.
* Maintains the history file on all equipment.
* Procure repair parts, materials, tools, and equipment.
* Performs monthly OSHA safety checks as required on the OSHA / PM guidelines.
* Has been trained in and follows all OSHA, company and Facilities department safety guidelines on a daily basis.
* Performs preventative maintenance as directed by PM Log and UFC GYM Corporate Office and individual manufacturer
* Maintains a log of Preventative Maintenance.
* Reports any substandard cleanliness issues to the Operations Manager.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Maintenance Technician reports to the Operations Manager. This position may
interact with all levels of management and staff, and within the Operations team.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
* Must be highly organized and able to handle a multi-task environment.
* Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity and an excellent work ethic.
* Diligence and a strong understanding of liability issues and personal and/or public injury related to satisfactory completion of the above listed duties a must.
* Must have general understanding of computer skills including email.
* Technical skills include general experience in the repair and maintenance of equipment and physical building
* General knowledge of HVAC and/or electrical equipment.
* Attention to detail, leadership skills, communication skills, problem solving/analytical abilities, and time management skills.
* Proficient in English.
* Adhere to meal and rest break periods and must clock in and out for all shift times.
* 2 years' experience in operations/maintenance at a gym/health club required.
* Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
* Bending, squatting, reaching, or being on feet for long periods of time.
* Exposure to chemicals, cleaning supplies, and periodic grease/oil from cardiovascular equipment.