- Job Reference: 425082432-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey
- Location: Camden, New Jersey
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Lutheran Social Ministries, offering affordable senior housing, located in Camden, is seeking a Maintenance Technician.
Responsible for assisting with the continued and preventative maintenance of mechanical systems with the facility. Also responsible for electrical, plumbing and carpentry needs, and ensures proper compliance with state and local codes.
* Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
* Responsible for assisting with the continued and preventative maintenance of mechanical systems with the facility. Also responsible for electrical, plumbing and carpentry needs, and ensures proper compliance with state and local codes.
* Maintains the property grounds, including lawn and other landscaping maintenance.
* Performs necessary tasks to ensure safe and pleasant environment for residents and staff. For example, clears entrances of ALL UNITS of ice/snow during inclement weather.
* Responsible for housekeeping tasks, such as trash collection, recycling materials, and floor maintenance.
* Completes building service requests and work orders in a timely manner and professional manner.
* Handles emergencies without the need for supervision.
* Accompanies repair persons or staff, when the need arises to enter a resident's unit. Keeps documentation of each visit.
* Interacts and assists with the inquiries of outside agencies, i.e. police and fire departments, building inspector and contractors.
* Reports to supervisor & property manager any safety or tenant-related issues.
* Performs necessary repairs to apartment units and common areas. Assists with the inspections of apartments after tenants move in and/or move out.
* Ensures interior and exterior lighting systems are operational. Replaces bulbs and/or fixtures when necessary.
* Assists with the cleaning and maintenance of roof areas including gutters, downspouts and drains.
* Communicates and interacts with residents in a professional and polite manner.
* Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
* Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
* Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
* Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
* Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.