- Job Reference: 425085944-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Rite-Hite
- Location: Clare, Michigan
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
JD Metalworks, A Rite-Hite Company is a global leader in industrial loading dock and warehouse equipment and is continuing it's 55-year history of solid growth. We are always looking ahead to develop innovative new products and services to improve our customers' safety, security, and productivity. To continue our growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Technician at our manufacturing facility in Clare, MI.
* Installs power supply, wiring and conduit to machinery and equipment.
* Must be able to safely work with three phase and single phase wiring.
* Moving machines and offices equipment when needed.
* Needs to be knowledgeable with a wide variety of welding and CNC machine related equipment.
* Diagnoses/repair malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, control boxes, wires and cables.
* Recycles components in working condition on faulty electrical and mechanical components such as motors, relays, switches, sensing devices, gears and shafts.
* Troubleshoot and repair electronic/mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic components.
* Plans layout of wiring, installs wiring for machinery and equipment, phone and computer lines as required.
* Assist with keeping shop clean.
* Preventative maintenance as required on all equipment, cranes, hoists, fork trucks, building.
* Oversee heating and cooling system and plant compressed air system.
* Must comply with lockout / tagout procedures.
* Responsible for executing and supporting the quality system and procedures in the effort for continuous improvement..
This is an experienced level position and all training will happen on site. Applicants must be able to assist the Maintenance Supervisor with the installation, maintenance and repairing of machinery, equipment, grounds keeping, physical structure and electrical systems in the facility. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, have good communication skills, and be able to work cooperatively with line managers and employees.