- Job Reference: 425084118-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: GPM Investments
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Under minimal supervision, the Maintenance Technician supports individual retail and wholesale locations by troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventive maintenance services pertaining to malfunctioning and broken convenience store equipment.
* Prioritizes work schedule to minimize retail operation downtime based on daily work orders received via email, text, phone, and the automated dispatch system.
* Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Inspects and fixes malfunctioning convenience store equipment which includes determining and rectifying the root cause by utilizing general departmental guidelines, personal knowledge, equipment manuals and other devices,
* Appends, resolves, and closes each service call through the dispatch system.
* Repairs or replaces defective parts utilizing inventory maintained in service vehicle.
* Utilizes warehouse and local store accounts to obtain parts as needed.
* Contacts Maintenance Dispatcher and Supervisor when problems require outside contractor assistance, is a re-occurring event, or parts needed that can't be obtained locally and are required to be ordered.
* Provides troubleshooting help and analysis of equipment by inspecting and diagnosing possible causes. Notifies appropriate personnel regarding estimated time frame for repair. Consults with supervisor for major repairs.
* Follows up to ensure affected systems are still functional after previous repair or preventative maintenance was performed.
* Carries an emergency cell phone and responds to all calls within the dispatch system's prescribed time frame.
* Prepares and completes a work order document for each dispatched call.
* Ensures all repairs are performed effectively and efficiently by accurately defining the issues, writing clear scopes of the work, and analyzing bids before implementing the final resolution.
* Performs other duties or tasks as it relates to the job that may be assigned.
* Performs routine store maintenance which includes painting and general repairs.
* 21 years of age or older
* Valid Driver's License
* Access to a car or other motorized vehicle
* Liability insurance on such vehicle
* Good driving record
* High School diploma, GED, or previous experience
* Ability to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
* Detail oriented
* Time management skills