Maintenance Technician II
- Job Reference: 425088691-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Hawthorne Residential Partners
- Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Maintenance/Resident Services Technician II - Hawthorne Residential Partners
Hawthorne is home to a team of vibrant apartment professionals united by a mission - to LIVE IT! every day for our guests and our peers.
The LIVE IT! movement is powered by people who believe in leaving others better than we found them. We take action to create memorable experiences. We stay nimble to evolve with an everchanging environment. And, we value integrity as essential.
As an apartment professional in the Resident Services Technician role, you are key to ensuring our community members have a well-maintained home. Servicing our community involves a few key functions, but not limited to:
* Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner. Assure all service requests are completed on a daily basis. Accurately document work performed on service requests, including parts and time utilized. Returns to the properties Supervisor by the end of day. Follow-up and communicate to resident, Resident Services Supervisor and site team on incomplete service requests.
* Promote good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff. Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards prospects, residents, vendors and other employees through the LIVE IT culture. Maintain professionalism at all times. Attendance required at all resident events unless the absence was approved in advance by the Community Manager.
* Inspect vacated apartments and complete make-ready checklist. Inform Resident Services Supervisor and/or Community Manager of needed services and repairs. Routinely perform duties to restore apartments to "make ready" status. Work with the Resident Services Supervisor and Community Manager to ensure adequate number of make ready units are available and that the quality is up to company standards. Coordinate status of make readies with Resident Services Supervisor or Community Manager.
* Complete special projects as may be assigned and prioritized by the Community Manager or Resident Services Supervisor.
* Inspect exterior of the property. Perform building and common area upkeep on a daily basis in accordance with company standards. Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter, debris and pet waste at all times.
* Ensure vacant unit thermostats are set at the proper setting for a vacant unit.
* Completion of preventative maintenance according to the guidelines set forth in the Sam Manual. Maintain accurate records and provide resident training as required.
* Maintain shop appearance to standards to facilitate quick assessment of supply inventory. Maintain proper equipment, and equipment inventory to ensure warranty compliance.
* Follow safety guidelines stated in the Sam Manual and Grace Hill Vision courses in accordance with company policy and standards.
* Perform effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required and within time frame specified by policy.
* Coordinate maintenance objectives with the Resident Services Supervisor daily.
* Perform, and report on, all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA, health codes and Sam Manual. Perform work area clean-up on a weekly basis.
* Pass initial, annual and required Grace Hill Vision courses by required deadlines.
* Assist Resident Service team with apartment make-ready tasks including lock changes and fixture replacements.
* Assist Resident Service team with pool maintenance.
* Ability to start inspecting vacant apartments.
* Follow up with residents via phone after work orders have been completed.
* Begin on-call responsibilities.
* Assist Resident Service team with apartment turns.
As our partner, you will benefit from programs designed to fulfill your life goals, personally and professionally:
* Quarterly bonus program
* Career progression program
* Retirement planning
* Comprehensive healthcare plans - medical, vision, and dental
* Maternity and paternity leave options
* Paid holidays, birthday, and volunteer leave
* Associate discount program
* Health and wellness incentives
Making Hawthorne your home means joining a workplace dedicated to creating a space for you to contribute to the company's success while we contribute to you and your family's wellbeing.
Hawthorne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.