National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. We operate across 34 states and three provinces. All organizations share a strong commitment to provide the highest level of transportation safety, quality transportation, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. National Express School (NEXS) operates more than 22,500 school buses, serves more than 550 school districts in 31 states and three provinces, and transports more than 1.3 million students on a daily basis. National Express Transit (NEXT) operations transport more than 22 million passengers annually with more than 2,800 vehicles. National Express Shuttle (WeDriveU) serves more than nine million corporate and university passengers annually. NELLC's corporate headquarters, located in Lisle, Illinois, houses the administrative and corporate support functions for the organization. Our 290 local customer service centers (CSCs) are supported by regional operations teams located throughout North America. Learn more at nellc.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
* Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
* Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
* Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
* Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
* Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
* Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
Company name is: Durham School Services
* Minimum of two to four years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
* Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
* Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
* Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
* Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Diesel Technician
* Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
* Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) Company has a free training program for mechanics.
* ASE Certification desirable but not required
Durham School Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit or .
Key Words: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Related jobs for Military MOS 3521, 3522, 3529, MOS, 91A, 91B, 91H, 91L, 91M, 63A, 63B, 63H, 63S, 63W, 63X, 63Z, 91Z, 63X, Services tech, Wheeled Mechanic, Maintenance of Motor Transport.
Company name is: Durham School Services