Maintenance Technician II
- Job Reference: 425084916-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Gene B. Glick Company
- Location: Mishawaka, Indiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
We are searching for an experienced Maintenance Technician for our 164-unit University Park apartment community.
* We are offering a $1,000 hiring bonus for this position (paid after 6 months of employment)*
Assist in maintaining the physical condition of the exterior and interior of the property and provide resident satisfaction.
The individual must be able to perform the following tasks:
* Complete all maintenance requests in an efficient and courteous manner.
* Prepare vacant apartments for market ready condition.
* Repair and maintain simple electrical circuits, switches, outlets and lighting fixtures.
* Install and repair carpeting and tile.
* Repair, install and maintain basic plumbing fixtures such as water heaters, lavatories, toilets, dishwashers.
* Maintain lawns, grounds, landscaping and parking lots including snow removal.
* Repair and maintain building exteriors and roofs.
* Complete preventative maintenance activities.
* Cleaning and housekeeping of common areas and vacant units.
* Provide emergency resident support after office hours.
* High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
* Demonstrated ability or experience in the maintenance field desirable.
* Must maintain EPA designation/certification.
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license in the state of residence.
* Able to work overtime and emergency call in.
* Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
* Must be able to read and comprehend the English language.
Gene B. Glick Company is a great place to work with a family-oriented culture. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes vacation/paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision insurance, apartment discount as well as an outstanding 401K plan with matching and profit sharing. There's also an excellent opportunity for advancement.